Zappos, a major retailer, uses their blog to discuss their products and services as well as provide valuable information to customers on how to have the best shopping experience on their website. Your business can also use a blog to connect and communicate with customers.
Here are eight reasons why your business should blog:
- To communicate with customers: Many businesses use their blog like Zappos, to further discuss the ins and outs of their products, services, and industry. Communicate with your customers about your business and why you do what you do.
- To provide industry expertise: Use your blog to share your knowledge with customers. This doesn’t mean give away all of your trade secrets but share valuable information that your customers will be able to utilize and find helpful for a better experience.
- To be personable: No matter what industry you are in, customers want to get to know your business on a more personal level. Use your blog as a tool to create a more personable flow of communication that allows your customers to get to know you better.
- To project your “voice”: Not only is it good to be personable and communicate with customers but don’t be afraid to share your own unique voice. Customers don’t want to hear the same old thing from each business. Show your customers how what you do and why you do it is different.
- To enhance SEO and search rankings: Blogging helps contribute to better search engine optimization (SEO) and in turn, better search rankings. Use your blogs to insert keywords and build your SEO with fresh content that is frequently being added to your website.
- To discuss frequently asked questions: Use your blog to address customers’ questions and concerns, as well as industry news that may affect their purchasing of your products or services. Being honest and attentive to your customers will not go unnoticed by them.
- To share company news: Your blog is a great space to share company news like new products and services, new hires, awards received, events to be held, and more. Again, this is a great space to communicate with your customers and show them more about your business.
- To engage commenting: Engaging with your customers is an excellent way to encourage customer feedback, questions, and more. Get your customers talking about a hot industry topic or a new product of yours and keep the conversation going by responding to comments.
Does your business have a blog? If so, how do you use it to enhance your business offerings?
Image courtesy of Stuart Miles / FreeDigitalPhotos.net