More than 50 nominations in 13 categories were received, making the job of the 14 judges that much more difficult.
More than 300 people attended the Oct. 20 event, which was held at Southern New Hampshire University in Manchester.
Because of the extraordinary number of accomplished candidates, NHBR also named a tie in the Retail category and finalists in several other categories.
NHBR also announced two inductees into the Business Excellence Hall of Fame, which singles out people whose entire careers have been marked by a consistent and impressive record of accomplishments, both in their chosen fields, in their communities, and across the state and beyond. These honorees were selected by a separate panel of judges.
“Each of the businesspeople who receive these honors has a different story to tell,” said Sharron McCarthy, president of McLean Communications and publisher of NHBR. “But what they have in common is determination, industriousness and the ability to come up with innovative solutions that have allowed their businesses to survive and thrive, regardless of economic conditions, and a commitment to serving their communities.”
Jeff Feingold, editor of NHBR, said, “We would like to salute all of the nominees, the this people who nominated them and the winners themselves for their contributions toward making New Hampshire a great place to do business.”
A portion of the proceeds from the evening benefited Court Appointed Special Advocates, or CASA, which advocates for New Hampshire children in the state’s court system in cases of neglect and abuse.
The winners of the 2010 NHBR Business Excellence Award were:
Excellence in Business Services — Russ Ouellette, Sojourn Partners LLC, Bedford
Excellence in Construction — G. Hayden McLaughlin, Belknap Landscape Co., Inc., Gilford
Excellence in Financial Services — Frank Teas, The Nashua Bank
Excellence in Health Care — Joshua Siegal, M.D., Access Sports Medicine & Orthopaedics, Exeter
Excellence in Hospitality — Carol Sheehan, The Red Arrow cheap mlb jerseys 24 Hr. Franchising Inc., Manchester
Excellence in Media & Marketing — Linda Fanaras, Millennium Integrated Marketing Inc., Manchester, NH
Excellence in Nonprofits — wholesale nfl jerseys Peter Kelleher, Partnership for Successful Living, Nashua
Excellence in Professional Services — Jonathan Halle, Warrenstreet Architects, Concord
Excellence in Real Estate — Quentin Keefe, Regency Mortgage Corp., Manchester
Excellence in Retail (tie) — Susan Lozier Robert, Frederick’s Pastries, Amherst; Curt Jacques,
West Lebanon Feed & Supply
Excellence in Technology — Jason Alexander, Alexander Technology Group, Bedford
The 2010 NHBR Business Excellence Hall of Fame Inductees were:
- Alex Ray, founder, Common Man Family of Restaurants
- Lew Feldstein, former chairman, New Hampshire Charitable Foundation
The judges for the 2010 NHBR Business Excellence Awards were:
- Jennifer Boulanger, loan officer at Capital Region Economic Development Corp. in Concord and former executive director of the Belknap County Economic Development Council based in Laconia
- Robin Comstock, president and CEO, Мы Greater Manchester Chamber of Commerce
- Roy Duddy, interim director, New Hampshire Division of Economic Development
- Lou Guevin, former chairman, Junior Achievement of New Hampshire
- Julie Gustafson, president and CEO, Amoskeag Business Incubator, Manchester
- Richard Hanson, professor, accounting and taxation, Southern New Hampshire University, Manchester; executive director, Institute for Forensic Accounting and Fraud Examination, SNHU
- Mahboubul Hassan, professor, economics and finance, SNHU
- Lise Howson, vice president and business banking relationship manager, Demo1 Citizens Bank
- Witmer Jones, New Hampshire district director, U.S. Small Business Administration
- Dave Juvet, senior vice president, Business & Industry Association of New Hampshire
- Patrick F. McDermott, economic and community development manager, Public Service Company of New Hampshire
- Tim Sink, president, Greater Concord Chamber of Commerce
- Ashley Smith, business editor, The Nashua Telegraph
- Chip Underhill, senior marketing manager, FairPoint Communications, Manchester
Sponsors of the event were FairPoint Communications, Laconia Savings Bank, Harvard Pilgrim Health Care of New England, Public Service of New Hampshire, J Maze Design, New Hampshire Division of Economic Development, Merrimack Street Volvo, WGIR-AM 610, New Hampshire Public Television and Southern New wholesale jerseys China Hampshire University.