The basic concept of the 80-20 rule is that 80 percent of the time you’re posting valuable, entertaining content that is not self-promoting. The other 20 percent of the time you’re promoting your products or services through posts with a strong call-to-action.

For that 80 percent of the time, make all your posts about your audience and building that relationship. People get involved with social media to be social and entertained. If you’re not doing that then you’re not going to get anywhere with your target audience.

Post relatable, valuable content that is interesting, funny, or informative. These posts can include articles, videos, photos, questions, and more from reputable sources. This consistent, valuable content should spark audience interest and engagement, as well as allow your audience to feel connected to your brand.

When you do promote your products or services, do so in a way that benefits your audience. Promote a discount or special offer, remind them about a loyalty program, or provide useful information/statistics that engage current and potential customers. Most importantly, develop a persuasive call-to-action that inspires your audience to learn more or even better, result in a conversion.

Tell us which companies you think have nailed the 80/20 social media rule.

Image courtesy of KROMKRATHOG at FreeDigitalPhotos.net
  • Jack

    We always have to work in such way that benefits our audience.The 80/20 rule of social media explain that thing very clearly.

    Search Engine Marketing

  • Jack

    We always have to work in such way that benefits our audience.The 80/20 rule of social media explain that thing very clearly.

    Search Engine Marketing